ICA Member Benefits
Your ICA Membership delivers the following Member Services and Benefits along with a range of Members Guides. We encourage you to take advantage of these benefits and sincerely thank all our sponsorship and service partners for supporting Independent Cinemas.
All fees, commissions, sponsorship and other income received by ICA in connection with the benefits and services provided to members are applied in full to our budget in order to deliver these services and reduce the cost of annual fees paid by ICA Members and Associate Members.
Industry Representation and Advice
Industrial Relations and Legal Help Desk
My Cinema Marketing Promotions and Special Events
Cinema Equipment and Services Partners including:
· Christie supporting the ICAA Network Operations Centre
· Superpop for cinema supplies including My Cinema branded drink cups and popcorn boxes
• Philips - for Philips Xenon Lamps
• Vista and Veezi by Vista - IT solutions for your cinema ticket and concession sales
· Hoyts CTG for equipment installation, servicing and cinema safety systems
· Hollywood Software for TCC library management software
· Finlease for cinema financing needs
· MCA Insurance Brokers - for your business insurance needs
· MPDAA Weekly Box Office and Competitive Release Schedule
· Numero and comScore – for detailed box office information and reports
ICAA Services Network Operations Centre (ICAA NOC) – for technical and IT support, software upgrades and data connection – special members rates
Business Development Opportunities including:
• ICA iPhone and Android App – to help market your cinema
• Industry Events
• ICA Conference & Australian International Movie Convention Special Rates
• ICA Newsletter and ICA Members Only Website Access for Services and Guides.
In Australia, ICA represents members’ interests, concerns and issues in crucial on-going discussions with:
- Film Exhibition and Distribution Code of Conduct Administrative Committee (FEDCAC), the voluntary code of conduct for exhibitors and distributors.
- Motion Picture Distributors Association of Australia (MPDAA), Hollywood Studios and Australian Independent Distributors (AIDA) on distribution issues
- Creative Content Australia* on movie theft.
- Screen Australia for general issues involving Australia’s peak government film agency.
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) on competition issues.
- Human Rights Commission on issues such as disabled access
* formally the IP Awareness Foundation
Industrial Relations and Business Advisory
ICA have partnered with national law firm, Holding Redlich for the provision of cinema specific workplace relations advice and legal services to its members. Holding Redlich has extensive experience in the film industry and is ideally placed to help ICA and its members to achieve their workplace relations objectives. Holding Redlich provide advice that is practical, accessible, prompt and cost effective.
Free Employment Helpdesk In addition to the group-wise rates offered to members for legal services, Holding Redlich operate a free helpdesk service through the ICA member website where all ICA members can make initial employment enquiries to the Holding Redlich Team who will respond either by phone or email (depending on the complexity of the enquiry) within 72 hours.
At no extra cost ICA members also access a full suite of employment contracts, policies and workplace documents including a cinema work health and safety manual prepared by Holding Redlich for exhibitors to adapt for their business.
As an umbrella circuit, all exhibitors who are members of ICA are automatically part of the My Cinema group and entitled to ‘opt in’ to the activities and campaigns it attracts. By aggregating our members as 30% of the market ICA attracts national promotions and marketing campaigns that most individual independent exhibitors do not have the ability to attract.
In the first year of operation alone we have hosted successful promotions for Disney’s PLANES: FIRE AND RESCUE, Roadshow’s PAPER PLANES and Sony’s PIXELS with prizes for a family of four to Disneyland, Tokyo and Los Angeles! Followed by more great promotions (see banners right).
My Cinema Premiere introduced special event preview screenings at independent cinemas in a premium environment, to develop excitement, awareness and word of mouth promotion for the films featured in the My Cinema Premiere series. The series launched with Icon’s LAST CAB TO DARWIN in July 2015.
My Cinema Select launched with Looking For Grace on Australia Day January 26 2016, with the aim to bring limited release screenings to Independent Cinemas across Australia. Supporting greater audience access to limited release Australian and independent titles, especially in regional areas across Australia. Access to quality, diverse films and documentaries at release or as previews!
ICAA Services Pricing
ICAA Services have made direct volume arrangements for the following equipment and services:
- ICAA NOC
- Philips Xenon and LED lamps
- Superpop My Cinema branded drink cups and popcorn boxes
- Hoyts CTG C Safe Online Safety System
- Holding Redlich legal and industrial relations advice
- MPLS Data Connection and phone line
- Hollywood Software TCC Software
- Online Training Resource for Digital Equipment
- Energy Action for electricity pricing
ICAA Services Network Operations Centre (ICAA NOC) - for IT and Technical Support Services – special member rates
The ICAA Services Network Operations Centre (ICAA NOC) gives you and your team access to dedicated technical/IT staff members who are monitoring every piece of your digital equipment and are only a phone call away 24/7. It will not do onsite service calls but will substantially limit the need for call outs under your onsite service agreements. All software upgrades will be handled remotely from the NOC to your cinema at no extra charge.
Where appropriate, the NOC Operator will talk to your staff through how to resolve problems onsite immediately and give impartial advice on whether and when an accredited service provider is required. The NOC will even manage the callout of your preferred accredited service provider and urgently source another if they are not available within the timeframe required by Studios to keep your VPF eligibility.
Cinema Equipment and Service Partners
- Weekly and Weekend MPDAA Top 20 at the Box office and weekly Competitive Release schedule
- ICA members receive the latest box office results from the MPDAA and an updated Release Schedule every week and regular ICA newsletters which provide up to date information on ICA’s activities, industry news and issues of importance to the Independent Cinema Owner.
- Philips - for Philips Xenon Lamps
- Philips are offering ICA members special prices on Philips Xenon Lamps and Simply-LEDs lighting . To view the Philips Price list and download an order form simply login to the member section of the ICA website and click on the tab 'Philips Xenon Lamps & Simply LED Special Member Pricing'.
- MCA Insurance Brokers
Business Development Opportunities
Don’t reinvent the wheel! Network with ICA members and ICA sponsorship partners at ICA events, to develop your business and share industry knowledge.
- My Cinema - the ICA iPhone and Google Play app
- My Cinema is the independent cinemas iPhone and Google Play app developed by ICA to provide a low cost entry into the app market for ICA members. The app services include allowing users of the application to: find your cinema(s); find your session times; and book tickets directly with you. The application makes use of your existing ticketing system and supports many existing and commonly used ticketing systems in play with independent cinemas.
- ICA Conference & Australian International Movie Convention Special Rates
- ICA members receive a discounted registration fee to the ICA Conference as well as a 10% discount on their AIMC registration. The annual ICA Conference is the premier business forum in Australia and New Zealand that solely addresses the issues and business needs of the independent cinema industry.
- ICA Newsletter
- ICA members receive up to date information on the association’s activities as well as special offers, industry news and issues of importance to the Independent Cinema Owner through the ICA Newsletter and ICA Members Only Website Access.
ICA Second Hand Equipment Market
AusCivics - proudly supporting Australian democracy
The AusCivics project was launched in August 2010 by the Governor-General, Ms Quentin Bryce AC, and is a joint venture sponsored by the Constitution Education Fund Australia and supported by the Australian Electoral Commission. The mission of AusCivics is to inform all Australians on the importance of the Australian Constitution, Australian democracy and the Australian way of life, with a particular focus on young people.
To advance this mission, AusCivics have developed a “film festival” programme which consists of a short film produced for a schools audience about the importance of our democracy and constitution and a feature film chosen by AusCivics for its relevance to those values. ICA have partnered with AusCivics and ICA cinemas are the exclusive partners for AusCivics content for schools and community group screenings.